The development of language for children is a wonderful process that begins in the mother’s abdomen even before birth. When we summarize the development, we find the following curriculum between 0 and 3 years of age:
• Learning the voice melody
• Producing sounds, each language has its own special characteristics
• Speaking and understanding words
• Understanding the structure of communication. For example, looking into the eyes when someone speaks or one speaks and the other listens.
• Learning non-verbal communication. Much of the communication in humans is non-verbal: tone, gestures, body language, etc.
For bilingual children, the challenge is to create this curriculum in different languages.
People who educate bilingual should therefore ensure that the child receives sufficient impulses....